Chicken salad is basically its own food group. Who doesn’t love a good chicken salad? This creamy chicken salad recipe has bright, fresh ingredients like lemon, dill, green onion and napa cabbage that makes it pop with flavor.
To make this lemon dill chicken salad you will need cooked, shredded chicken (this is a great use for leftover chicken), mayonnaise, a touch of sugar, Dijon mustard, a lemon for zesting and juicing, fresh dill, napa cabbage and either green onions or fresh chives (or a combination!). The napa cabbage, sometimes called Chinese cabbage, adds a nice crunch to the salad.
Serve this luscious chicken salad for lunch or dinner piled on top of salad greens or on bread for sandwich night. If you like this chicken salad recipe, here are a few more to try:
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups cooked finely shredded chicken
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1/2 cup shredded and chopped napa cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or fresh chives
- Start with a 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and add more until you reach desired consistency.
- Chicken breast works well for this recipe, but you could use chicken thighs.
- Substitute any fresh herb for the dill.
- Store the chicken salad in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Fresh cracked black pepper adds a nice touch when serving this chicken salad.
- You could substitute celery for the napa cabbage.
- This recipe could be cut in half.
- If you like egg in your chicken salad, add it!
Here’s how to make it:
- Stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, mustard, lemon juice and zest and chopped dill in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken, napa cabbage and green onions. Stir to combine. Taste and add more salt, pepper and/or lemon juice, if needed.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.5g
Saturated Fat: 1.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 7.9g
Dietary Fiber: 0.6g
Total Sugars: 3g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here’s how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.