How many times have we watched Gordon Ramsay tell a Hell’s Kitchen contestant that they ruined the scallops? Don’t let that intimidate you! Scallops are not hard to cook and are a quick seafood ingredient to add to the rotation.
The scallops have six simple ingredients: scallops, butter, garlic, white wine, lemon juice and parsley. And with a 10-minute cooking time, they are the perfect weeknight dinner, but elegant enough for a dinner party.
Buttery, lemony and garlicy, these scallops melt in your mouth! Serve this easy seared scallops recipe with rice, pasta or potatoes to soak up some of that lemony sauce. Add a vegetable and/or a salad and you’ve got a chef-approved meal.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Try this recipe using fresh, cleaned shrimp.
- You can substitute chicken broth, seafood or vegetable broth for the white wine.
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Add the scallops in a single layer (don’t crowd the pan). Cook about 2 minutes on the first side or until golden. Flip the scallops over and cook another 2 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet. Stir to remove any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the wine and simmer about 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Add the lemon juice.
- Turn the heat off and put the scallops back into the pan. Garnish with the parsley.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 16.6g
Saturated Fat: 6.7g
Total Carbohydrate: 4.8g
Dietary Fiber: 0.3g
Total Sugars: 0.4g
Vitamin D: 6mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here’s how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.